We found an entire run of dangerous vinyl venting up the wall and into the attic of this townhome. We removed the existing venting and replaced it with rigid piping. The existing venting had a serious birdnest so we installed a single louvered outside vent cap to allow proper airflow and keep birds out. Finished up with a vent box installed in the wall behind the dryer allowing for a flush installation of the dryer.
Old Plastic Vent
The dryer venting we found was a major fire hazard and held up by shoe strings. This had to go!
Signs of a birds nest on the outside wall connection. We cleaned up this cutout and installed an anti bird cap on the outside which will not collect lint or restrict airflow.
Installed new hard pipe down the wall and transitioned into the existing hard duct. After some thought and discussion with the homeowner we decided to replace their existing hard piping as well due to cracks and rusting inside.
The old pipe was strapped with shoelaces and ducttape! We removed all of this and used metal strapping to secure the pipe against the beams. This made for a secure fit that will last forever.
Metal Straps & Mastic
Properly secured the pipe and used mastic tape along the connections and seams.