This home had plastic venting in the wall and aluminum in the attic. We were able to remove this clogged up vent and replace it with rigid piping which will be easy to maintain and is super efficient.
This aluminum venting was stretched out about 10 feet into a tiny opening in the roof. You can't really see it because the switch box floating in front of it, but it was tiny! We opened the hole a bit and fixed the roof cap so it would stop leaking.
This was tough
The original vent was coming into the attic directly under a PVC pipe. We had to adjust the PVC and move the opening so our rigid pipe would clear everything. If you notice the lint everywhere, the vent had burst at some point and the dryer had been exhausting directly into the attic for awhile.
The cutout for the plastic vent was made directly under this vacuum line. We extended the hole and made a precise turn around this with our new piping.
A snapshot from inside the plastic venting running down the wall. Nasty!
Our new rigid pipe in all its glory! We made it past the PVC and up to the roof!
This was about 12 feet up and required some interesting maneuvering with a ladder but we got it done!